In this hacker's how-to, you'll learn how to softmod your old Playstation 2 to enable you to run third party software and how to use CogSwapLoader and HDLoader to backup your PS2 games and play them either from a burned DVD or off your hard drive. This will let you hack the PS2 to play pirated games. Remember, pirating software is illegal! This will let you unlock your PS2 to play games if you copy them from somewhere else.
To softmod your PS2, you'll need the following:
a standard-size Playstation 2;
a Playstation 1 game;
CodeBreaker (version 8 or higher) or Action Replay Max;
a USB Thumb Drive; and
a PS2 Memory Card.
For detailed, step-by-step instructions on softmodding your own PS2, watch this video tutorial.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades