This is a tutorial showing you how to mod a ps2 slim. This will allow you to play backups as well as Guitar Hero 2 customs. If you want to learn how to make your own copy I might put up a video for that. This tutorial also shows the swap trick in action.
-I am not responsible if anyone breaks their Ps2 it isn't my fault.
- The first sensor is located right on top of the reset button inside thw hole. so block it out by just rolling up tissue paper and applying enough pressure to keep the button inside down and taping it.
-The second senor it the white slide thing right in the area where the disk spins. When the disk lid is open, the slide stops the disk from spinning. So move it all the way to the right and place something right in the gap preventing it form moving.
- Now for the third one I decided to open my Ps2. The straw method works for some people but not me. (Opening your PS2 will cancel your refund) So make sure yours has expired. After unscrewing the 6 screws on the bottom of your ps2 open it and you should see another small button just near the laser. Put some electrical tape or whatever you can use to secure it. After all this is done you have just finished congrats.
SWAP TRICK Details (GH2 Customs)
- Place original disk inside PS2
- Turn on Ps2, if you did the mod correctly the disk should still spin even when the lid is open.
- Wait until the PS2 logo appears.
- After, the lase will go all the way up and then down. That is when you do the swap trick.
- Quickly switch your burnt copy with the original since you only have a few seconds.
- If done correctly the RedOctane icon should appear. Now you can play your customs!!!
Start your career in Graphic Design with the WonderHowTo's Beginners’s Guide to Photoshop Course